Port Navy Service has, for many years now, been offering solutions for storage ashore of trimarans with beams of up to 12 metres. The trimarans are blocked on metal cradles or on wooden cross-bearer timbers. We adapt our blocking supports to accommodate the size, weight, and shape of the hulls of your boat.
It is not necessary to take the mast down either for handling or for outdoor storage.
For storage in the boatshed, unstepping the mast needs to be organised. Your mast is then blocked alongside your boat or placed on an outdoor rack depending on your choice.
Drinking water and electricity are available at the terminals located along the aisles. Port Navy Service Wi-Fi is free of charge for users of the boatyard, and available from your boat. A ladder will be loaned to you free of charge while you are on site. Please return it when you leave your boat so that other sailors and boaters can take advantage of it too.
To preserve your trimaran as well as possible, here is some advice for winter
- Rinse the salt off your fenders and mooring lines and put them away
- Rinse the salt off your sails and remove them, then store them for the winter inside your boat or take them for servicing.
- Rinse the salt off and proerly store your running rigging
- Rinse the salt off your deck
- Protect your removable equipment (horseshoe lifebuoy, outboard motor, etc.)
- Disable your wind turbine to stop it from turning
- Winterize the main engine and close off the exhaust with an oily rag
- Fill the diesel tanks to avoid condensation
- Empty the water and hot-water tanks to prevent freezing
- Disconnect your batteries, unless you have solar panels and a management system
- Inside your boat, remember to leave all the doors open to facilitate circulation of air
- Empty the fridge completely and leave the door open to avoid mould
- Clean the toilets and water circuits with white vinegar and empty them completely
- If possible, unplug and remove your electronics to avoid lightning damage
- Do not leave your boat hooked up to the electricity terminals after you leave (high fire risk)